Thursday, March 20, 2008

Amusing dream

I am a big believer of dreams - literally and figuratively.  I had an actual dream last night that I thought I would share.  I was at a restaurant with a bunch of old high school mates (several men and women) including one of my best friends at the time (Janna, for those who know her).  We were chatting about other old acquaintances from school and church who were not there at the moment.  Well, Janna looked at me and said, "I wonder about..." and then she blushed brightly (which she did well and often during high school - lol!) and her sentence trailed off.  I sat there thinking, "Is she thinking of some former crush she had back when?  Or maybe it was someone I had a crush on.  (which was ten times more likely!!!)"  I tried to get her to tell me who she was thinking of and she tried to give me hints without giving it away to the others around me.  The clues were very odd and try as I might, I could NOT figure out who she was referring to.  Well, right when I was ready to give up and try to get her to whisper it to me (though at the time, I was feeling that would be extremely rude in front of the others), our food came to our table and it all made sense and dawned on me!!!!  She hadn't been talking about a person AT  ALL!!!  She had been talking about the food!!!!!!!!!  HA HA HA!!!  I started laughing out loud and everyone turned to stare at me and that's when I woke up.  What a great twist, eh?  I LOVE dreams.  I love having them and trying to figure out what part of my sub-conscience could have come up with that particular entertainment.  Gee, I wonder why anyone would dream about food????  

4 comments:

HayleeBean said...

I love dreams too. I'm always so much smarter in my dreams then in real life. Sad.

Sam Denton said...

...I think you've finally lost it
;-)

Sara said...

I want a dream about food!

Christi said...

Janna... do you know where she is?

Food...

Crushes... Madison, WI regional conference. enough said?