Monday, February 18, 2008

ALOHA!! (continued)

These next few photos are from the Polynesian Cultural Center.  They don't allow flash photography so I had my shutter speeds soooooo slow (sometimes 1/8th of second)!!!  Needless to say, I had to hold very still.  These are the ones that turned out the best.  The PCC rocked!!!






Now on to the surfing.  They certainly start young and impressive as illustrated in these first two photos.  The first four photos are from the first day we went to watch and I thought the squalls were decent sized.  The rest of the photos are from the day we left to head home and a professional photographer I chatted with told me the day was one of only three really good days of the season.  So, the squalls were HUGE.  I'm not even sure if I captured the biggest ones.


I was playing around in photoshop with this one.  It's a little different.

No one fell off of their board in any of the following photos.  :)



Poor guy broke his board!




Don't know if you can tell, but here's a photo of a bunch of surfers waiting for the waves to come.  Wish I knew the correct terminology.  Click on it to see it larger.

No comments: