Sunday, May 27, 2007

A priviledge...

I had the wonderful priviledge of being invited along on a special and very fun shoot. My friend Wynona (http://www.wynonarobison.typepad.com/) is a photographer who has started a special project. I asked if I could be a part of it and she graciously agreed. We will be doing photo sessions for families who have a member of their family born with a cleft lip. My second daughter was born with a cleft lip and palate. It was discovered during a routine ultrasound. I remember when we found out, I did a lot of research online. I didn't find very many photos and those I did find were very medical and factual (usuing a term from Wynona - sterile). But, what I hoped for was to find evidence that these children had normal healthy loving...amazing lives. So, that's what the project is all about.

This shoot was of a beautiful family!!! James and Anna have been blessed by two beautiful and fun boys. Both of whom were born with cleft lips. Since the day I took these, the littlest has had surgery to install a prothesis and has had his lip repair. He'll never look like this again. I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to do this.

James, Anna, and boys - Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives for a day! It was a wonderful priviledge!!!


















2 comments:

Sara said...

How neat to capture the stages of this families life- and in such a tender way. Very sweet pictures- cute kids!

Fowler family said...

Mary,

Wow! These turned out beautiful. It was such a pleasure to get to know you during the shoot. Mary, you are so very talented. I just LOVE the black and white shot of Johnny sleeping. Thanks so much for doing this. -Anna.